The Seymour High School faculty and staff believe that:
- Learning is a lifelong process that is driven by the passion which intrinsically motivates each student.
- Seymour High School is committed to working with our familiesand the community to empower students by engaging in a challenging 21st century learning experience that provides access to real world application in a safe and respectful learning enviroment.
- Students will develop meaningful connections with teachers while being held accountable for individual academic growth during their course of studies at Seymour High School.
- Diverse learning experiences respect the unique abilities of each individual while increasing ownership in intellectual exercise.
- Students will think critically
- Students will communicate effectively
- Student will access, and use information for a variety of tasks and purposes
Additionally, 21st century themes including global awareness, financial, business and civic literacy are interwoven in a student's experience at Seymour High School through course selection over four years.
Achievement of the learning expectations occurs when a student successfully completes an approved couse sequence, and completes a student success plan.
Congratulations to our 2022-2023 District Award Recipients! These recipients will be honored at the BOE Awards meeting on June 5, 2023.